Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Title

It was January of 2005 when I hit a wall. I couldn't go any farther and I needed help. I prayed and asked God for help. I'd done this before, innumerable times but on that day nearly 6 years ago something happened, something shifted.

I spent the next few weeks each morning in my holybluemazdapickup parked in the ugly parking lot at work spending some time with God, mostly crying because I needed Him so badly but I was afraid this wasn't going to last. First it was time in Psalms, then I added some time in a devotional book. The time grew, I started getting to work earlier and earlier but something was missing, something in the way of geography. The stark, ugly parking lot was not doing much for my heart and this spiritual oasis God was giving me.

I remembered there was a park that straddles the American River as it empties into the Sacramento river. I moved my time of oasis to the park and found a nice picnic table or two I began to use. That was almost six years ago. My time is spent reading, writing in my journal and praying. More on that later but what I write here comes from those times. Off The Picnic Table. Hopefully when I get better at navigating this place I will get a picture of my picnic table and post it.

I have several friends that have encouraged me to do this. I don't know where this is leading and I have no idea if anyone will read whatever I write here. If you wander in and read, I hope something here blesses you and draws you closer to the one who loves us deeper than we can imagine.

To my friends who have encouraged me to do this for several years, you know who you are. Thank you for walking with me and being patient.

Surefooted

3 comments: